What to Bring to the Hospital
FOR LABOR “ THE GOODY BAG “
- Small Focal point such as photos, ultrasound photo for baby, stuffed animal etc.
- Brown paper lunch bag (in case of hyperventilation)
- Toothbrush/toothpaste, mouth wash and breath spray
- Chapstick or lip balm
- Robe and Slippers
- Glasses or contact lenses (contact case and solutions)
- Baby book or footprints to write in
- Tennis balls in sock, Tupperware rolling pin, back massager etc.
- Lotion for massage
- Cornstarch or unscented powder for effleurage
- Watch with second hand
- Snacks for your labor partner (keep it simple)
FOR MOM – POST PARTUM
- Two nursing bras. If not breast feeding, two firm fitting bras
- Personal Hygiene items such as deodorant, shampoo, and comb brush hair dryer curling iron make up
- Nightgown, if desired
- Clothes to wear home
- Infant car seat. Learn how to properly install it in your car before the baby arrives.
- Clothes to wear home from the hospital: sleeper or outfit, undershirt, booties or socks, hat/bonnet, sweater (depending on weather), receiving blanket and outer blanket.